What a crazy start we had! Tons of inspiration!
This month we want to reveal one of the best tips on how to make your projects stunningly beautiful and interesting.
One of the best tips is to maintain movement in your project. That's what makes the viewer feel interested, as if you are taking him to a small journey.
How can we do that?? Here are some tips:
A. Make sure you are placing your focal element anywhere BUT the center of the piece. Placing the focal element in the center will keep the eye stuck in one place.
B.Try to consider the story you want to tell while finding the right composition for your focal element.
C. Let the colors and different mediums work for you! If you are trying to achieve movement to one direction for example, let the colors drip, stamp, emboss or whatever in this direction.
D. Use embellishments to emphasize the movement that you want to achieve
E. If you are looking at your composition and your eye is not bouncing from one place to another but enjoying and flowing from the focal point to the elements and back again to the focal point. You probably succeeded!
OUR RULES FOR JUNE PLAY!
1. Create project, any project you want. We would love to hear if the monthly tips helped you in your project
2. Use at least two colors from our monthly color scheme (you can also add black, white and metallics if you feel like it )
3. Your project should be new and never been published before.
4. When uploading your project, make sure to include our monthly challenge banner and a link to our blog (specifically to the challenge post)
5. When uploading your entry link, make sure it leads directly to your project post.
6. All projects must be uploaded until June 30
7. Use the Inllinkz in the end of this page to upload your project ( you may enter as many projects as you wish! )
PRIZES - PRIZES - PRIZES !!!
Thanks to our generous sponsors, 4 of you will win FANTASTIC prizes!
30$ VOUCHER FOR STORE STENCILS
Now...Lets be inspired by some wonderful guest designers
Katja here and want to share my inspiration for the June Play. Here I want to have focus on my photo and the round shape makes the move back to the photo. Color, embossing, texture and all the flowers are in clusters around the photo because I want the eye to catch the photo. Also been working with layers, to make the photo stand out more.
So now I want you to share your lovely inspiration.
Jennifer Marie (niniscrap)
In this LO The focal element is not in the move but laying on the grass looking at the sky. I wanted you to see that a movement can be achieved even in a case like that. How? I have simply created movement through the image hair, as if I continued it with the embellishments and different mediums.
The process is right here for you crafters! A full tutorial is here on my YouTube channel
UPLOAD YOUR ENTRY HERE